The gleaming white Indiana limestone front of 1430 N. Lake Shore Drive has welcomed more than 33, 600 Lake Michigan sunrises. Designed by the architectural firm of Robert S. De Golyer and built by Lind Construction between 1927-28; the building was noted by the Chicago Tribune as “the last word in luxury with wood burning fireplaces, linen rooms, sliver vaults, cedar closets and other little conveniences.” Each of the 5,000 square foot full-floor apartments, was initially designed with 12 rooms and 6 bathrooms each. Original Shareholders ultimately sued (then insolvent) developer William C. Bannerman, who fled Chicago and is now remembered as a swindler. The pre-depression English Gothic design remains an impressive and enviable Gold Coast address. A resident engineer, 24-7 door staff, fitness center, cable TV, bicycle racks and large storage rooms add to the luxury community that 23 families call 1430 home.